Saturday, June 19, 2010

My First Youth Conference

Yesterday and today I had the privilege to go to Youth Conference for the first time here in the United States. I don't remember attending Youth Conference in my country and if I did, it wasn't anything like this. Now that I am the YW president, I have the chance to go to this. I have to say that my favorite part of all was the guest speakers and the testimony meetings. We have two great speakers. One of them came from Utah, Brother Sweat. He was really good. The second one, Bro Bennion, was very spiritual too. I love how they can approach the youth in a unique and fun way, but still be spiritual and teach them the correct principles of the gospel. We ended the conference with the testimony meeting and it was so spiritual. The whole time I had a knot in my throat because the Spirit was so strong. These teenagers were sharing their testimonies from their hearts and crying and being so sincere and at the same time so spiritual. It was so overwhelming to see how many young girls and boys love the gospel and Heavenly Father, and that they are very proud of being Mormons. When I was listening to them, I was remembering when I was a young woman in Colombia and was surrounded by my best friends who were so strong in the gospel. It felt so good to see how many strong young men and women we have who are striving to be great examples and follow our Savior. I am so grateful to know this gospel and for the knowledge I have. I have a testimony of this church and I know that it is the only true church on the earth. I love my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.

2 comments:

thehallebunch2 said...

COngrats on your new calling Kathe! I know you will do a wonderful job with those girls! WHat an exciting time to be with the youth! Enjoy!

Heather (Paralyzed with JOY!) said...

I'm so glad that you had a wonderful time!