Papa Noel was dressed in a typical Colombian Ruana. Anthony said that he was not the real Santa because the way he was dressed up.
Sunday, December 6, 2009
La Novena Colombiana
Today we went to Bellas Artes here in St Louis to participate of La Novena Colombiana which is a celebration of Christmas. Traditionally every night during the month of December the kids get together at somebody's house to read about the story of Jesus' birth and to sing carols or "villancicos" while reciting the story. At the end of la novena, Santa or "Papa Noel" comes and gives presents to the kids who are present. I saw some latin friends there and got to meet a girl from Barranquilla, my native city. We also ate some typical Colombian sweets and snacks. My favorite one was El dulce de tres leches or three milk cake. It was so yummy. The boys each got a present from Papa Noel. Overall we all had a great time remembering and participating of la Novena which is part of my Colombian culture and my childhood. Even though La Novena is a Catholic tradition, we went to get together with latin friends and remembering the birth of Jesus which is the most important reason of the season of the year.
Papa Noel was dressed in a typical Colombian Ruana. Anthony said that he was not the real Santa because the way he was dressed up.


Papa Noel was dressed in a typical Colombian Ruana. Anthony said that he was not the real Santa because the way he was dressed up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
se parece a santa jjajja que bonito
What a fun tradition. I love all the new family/holiday pics on the blog!
I think it is wonderful that you expose your kids to your culture. They will be well rounded kiddos.
What a precious blog!!
I was so excited to be included in this, I never get great e-mails like this, I love you guys soooooo much!! You are such a beautiful family!!!! I love you!!!
Gloria
(aunt gloria/gibby)
Post a Comment