Thursday, February 18, 2010

Blue and Gold Banquet 100 Years of Scouting!

Last night our ward celebrated 100 years of scouting in the Blue and Gold Banquet. The Scouts algo got their merit badges. Mateo got his Wolf badge and a gold and silver arrow point. He also got a badge for Academics and Sports and a yellow bead. He was so excited to get his Wolf badge and the arrow points. He has been working so hard lately to get all these things. He really enjoys being a scout and learning all these new things. Anthony is really excited to become a scout. He really wants to start when he turns seven because he just learned that he could get a tiger badge when he is seven years old. However, the church doesn't start working with the scouts until they turn eight, so if we wanted to do this for Anthony we would have to go to a school pack to help him get the requirements. And we really don't want to do all this extra work if we don't have to. So I think he will have to wait until he turns eight.



When the boys earn their rank badges, the parents also receive a parents rank-pin.






Getting the awards is exciting but not sewing all these patches on the shirt. I have to do that, all by myself. And I don't like it. I poke my fingers all the time with the needle and it hurts. Daniel showed me how to use the pliers to help me get the needle through the patches because it is very hard and almost imposible if you don't have a tool. So that helps but it,s still difficult. Whatever it takes to help my boys accomplish their goals and make them happy. I love them so very much so that makes it all worth it.



I was so excited after sewing all the patches he received but this shirt is not even closed to being done...there is still a lot sewing coming soon....

2 comments:

Zarsky Family said...

Good job on the sewing! You will get lots of practice with 3 boys. Mateo is such a great example for his brothers!

Kimbrough's in St. Louis said...

Way to Go Mateo and mom too!