I have started teaching Mateo how to cook lately. Today I told him if he wanted to learn how to make chicken soup from scratch. At first, he didn't seem very interested since he doesn't like vegetables. I told him that he won't taste the vegetables because they will blend him into the soup and will just give it flavor. Plus he could benefit from learning this in the future, like when he is on his own or during his mission. He agreed. While I supervised him and kept reminding him to watch his fingers when using the knife, I let him do pretty much everything: chopping the vegetables, taking the skin off the chicken, and pouring the seasoning into the soup.
I really enjoy teaching him all these things. Now that he is getting older and more responsible he is capable of doing so much more. He wants to learn everything and be more independent. I plan on doing the same thing with the other two boys when they are old enough.



3 comments:
What a great thing to do for Mateo. One day he will be very grateful for his cooking lessons. His wife will be happy too! ;)
You are a wonderful mother! All of your boys (including Daniel) are lucky to have you.
Hello my sweet family!!! I love you guys sooo much I am with Sarah "I think you all are lucky to have each other" & I'm lucky to have you guys... Mateo your so big, good job with your cooking... Aunt Gloria
Post a Comment