Sunday, September 21, 2008

Hiking with the Delaneys!

Yesterday the Delaneys invited us to go hiking with them. They love going hiking and doing outdoors activities. The took us to Elephant Rocks State Park in Graniteville, Missouri. It's about 70 miles south of our house. It's very impressive. The rocks are giant. Lots of rocks to climb. I was a little nervous about the kids falling, but they were okay. No injuries, just lots of fun.

Frank is so good at doing the splits. Daniel and he were helping out the kids get through the tough spots.


Frank was really trying to throw me off here.
Daniel had to use all his strength to lift this giant rock.

After doing the trail, we had a nice barbecue. Frank did the cooking. By the way Frankie, your hamburgers were not very tasty.
Overall we had a great time. Thanks guys for inviting us. I would probably have never found this cool place. But now that I've been there, I will never forget it.

1 comment:

April Johnston said...

Oh my gosh. We love that place. We went just about every summer to swim. Matter of a fact Marshall has lost 2 pairs of glasses in the water. David would jump off those huge cliffs into the water. It is so beautiful. Love ya......april