Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Mateo's New Bedroom
After Loli left to go to Colombia, I decided I would give Mateo her room. I would not have done this if she had decided she would live with us for good, but since she keeps changing her mind about staying here for a long time, I think Mateo will use it more. First, I had to make a few changes. After selling all the old unmatched furniture in her bedroom, I painted it Mateo's favorite color, blue.
I got a great deal on a queen mattress set for Labor Day sale. The rest of the furniture: bed frame, bookcase headboard and dresser I ordered online, still waiting for it. The bedroom already has a new TV combo with the stand in one the corners by the closet.
Last night, Mateo and I were reading one of his school books that he has to read every day, and I couldn't wait any longer. I told him that was going to be his new bedroom. I have not told him anything yet because Daniel and I were going to wait until his 8th birthday to surprise him. But I figured since nobody sleeps there anyway, he could start using it now and enjoy some privacy from his two little brothers.
I thought this was going to be hard for him, adjusting to a new bedroom all by himself since he has been sleeping with Anthony and Lucas forever. He was so amazed and excited when I told him this was his new bedroom. He jumped on the bed and asked if he could sleep there for the night. I was shocked. I thought he might be scared but no. He slept the whole night there and woke up so happy. My baby is so big. I never thought that introducing him to a new bedroom was going to be this easy and this fast. I will post more pictures when it's all decorated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Victoria loves the color. Great choice. Congrats Mateo. Wow your own room. How fun. You are such a big boy. Your papa tells me you read all the time. That is so awesome. Make sure you give your brothers extra love because they will miss you in their room. So invite them over to your room some time for a sleep over ( Kathe you don't have to tell him that part if you don't think it is a good idea) I love ya'll...... tia april
Kathe,This has become Danielle favorite color as well ( maybe she likes more turquose) anyway we saw a turquose bedroom and she asked me if I canget her a rooms just like that. I am happy for you mateo its seems that you love your new bedroom you are grown up boy now.
Love you
Erika
Post a Comment